Great times in the 50s and 60s

Posted By
December Baby 1947, United States

I was born in 1947. Grew up in the 50's and 60's when life was fun, family's ment so much, and year of all kinds of new rock and roll music. Others that I talk to say the same thing growing up in the 50's and 60's where the best years. Watching TV shows on Saturday night, and having TV Time Popcorn as our treat. Sunday dinners where having aunt's uncles and cousins over and playing games in the yard. Christmas where Christmas really was celebrated and the meaining was the birth of Jesus. Santa came and we appreciated the gifts we received. Love watching I Love Lucy, still do to this day. I would love to go back, when life was fun, safe, and we didn't have to worry about much. Our children, and grandchildren never had the great times as the baby's born during the 40's and 50's.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% with what you said, life growing up in the 50's and 60's was so much fun, and my parents and family members, and neighbors made it a point we understood the meaning of Christmas, Going to Mid Night Mass was one of the things I looked forward to first then any thing, and singing the songs and the traditional Christmas meals.. Thank God for Memories,, Sincerly L.H.P I grew up in Brownsville N.Y.C

    ReplyDelete