My Dad World War II and Battle of the Bulge

Posted By
Ken, United States , A good man and father who fought at the Battle of the Bulge

I was born in 1943. My Dad was serving with the U.S. Army Corps of Combat Engineers who fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He came home late in 1945. I was too young to remember his homecoming, but after I had a few years to grow up, I found out what a good man and father he really was. I was an only child and my Dad and I were like two peas in a pod. He'd spend as much time with me as possible and always gave me credit for helping him do things that I didn't really deserve credit for. He loved me with all his heart and I felt the same about him. Beings he fought in WWII, I grew up being a WWII fanatic and am still interested in that war to this day. My Dad died in 1988 and I miss him as much today as I did when he first left me. He was my one and only hero and I cherish the sweet memories of him. The good lord doesn't make too many men like my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment