1968 My Personal Struggle

Posted By
Anon, United States

I graduated in 1968 and recieved a small scholarship for college, but when I informed my father he told me girls did not need college and refused to help with fees.

I was forced to go and find a job paying $1.75 per hour and found my own appartment and bought my first car an old Oldsmobile Super 88 ( the car was already 15 years old when I bought it ) and it kept going for another 10 years. It was hard trying to survive on my own and learning about car insurance and paying bills. But I grew up more in 1 year than I had in all the years before. I still regret not having the opportunity to go to college but not what I learned and saw as a woman fresh out of highschool. I do remember some of the political struggles happening at that time but I think most of my focus was spent on me struggling to make my own way in life.

How times have changed for the youth of today mostly for the better

No comments:

Post a Comment