Growing up as a kid in the Bronx

Posted By
Mike T , United States

I would not trade growing up as a kid in the Bronx in the 50's and 60's for anything. I have lived in Texas for the last 40 years, which I truly love also.

But I remember Loew's Paradise, Scottie's Poolroom, Steeles bowling alley, PS 46 schoolyard sports, stickball, shooting craps in the corner, De Witt Clinton H.S., Roosevelt HS summer school, St. Helenas Sunday night dances in Parkchester, Bickfords on Fordham & Webster Ave., Carvels on Webster below Fordham Rd., Orchard Beach, City Island, pizza by the slice, and other memories too numerous to mention.

We grew up fast and worked hard. We were on the streets all day and night without a lot of todays worries. I think we are a lot better off now for having had that Bronx experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment