Glad To Be A Kid In The 70s

Posted By
What Happened, USA

Hi All. I'm 37 years old, and I grew up as a child in the mid-to-late 1970s.
We all have are own experiences as kids growing up when we did, but all I can say is...I'm glad I was a kid when I was.
I wouldn't want to be a kid growing up today.
I remember when staying out and running in the field in our backyard, and playing outside was the only things you could really do then.
We didn't have the cell phones, and the video games like they do today. Atari was just starting to come around in the early 80s, but we didn't have it until a bit later.
But we had to actually "do things" to have fun. Our mom had to actually yell for us to come inside the house.
Now it seems you can't get any kids' out of the house and off the sofa. I was watching some old archival footage of the 1950s and 1960s, and wow, I had a great time growing up when I did, I can just image from the footage I've seen and heard about those days, that it must have been soooo great!
I remember the t.v. shows too from the 70s...nothing like they are today. We had little house on the prairie, and sanford and son, and grizzly adams...so I guess all I can say is, what happened? Glad I grew up when I did :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I read the memories posted here and the common theme running through is how we all look back at childhood memories and remember how lucky we were if from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

    The only bad memories seem to be when kids had bad childhoods not related to the times but related to having major problems in the family unit ,

    I suppose what it tells us is our childhood memories are special .


    Of course I am a 50s child so think 50s childhood was the best but each time I read a memory of growing up in a different time I realise just being a child is possibly the greatest period in our lives and provide the fondest memories

    ReplyDelete