My 9/11 memory

Posted By
my 9/11 memory, United States

9/11/01 will always be a very significant day for me. I had just turned 18 a few days before on the 7th, and my parents 19th wedding anniversary was on the 11th.

I remember driving to school that day, thinking about how beautiful the sky looked (it was a deep clear, blue), and also trying to think of what to cook my parents for dinner that night.
I had just walked into the band room where my homeroom class was when we heard the news on tv about the twin towers. The whole school became so quiet that you could have heard a pin drop.
Then after everyone realized what had happend, it was awfull. Everyone was crying. I called home to mom and dad and told them to turn on the news. That day, we had a huge assembly outside around the flag pole and a lot of prayers were said.

No comments:

Post a Comment