Remembering Back Music 60s and 70s

Posted By Webmaster


While working on This Day In History I came across the Date
24th March 1973 that Pink Floyd released Dark Side Of The Moon which reminded me about a time in my 20's when the album came out.

What it reminded me of most what not just what a fantastic album it was, but how I played it full blast on an old player for LP's until the album became so scratched It would spend more time skipping tracks than listening .

I wonder how many remember that back in those days you only had to slam a door for the stylus to skip or scratch, or how compared with the sound from a modern CD player even a Walkman so much was lost , but thank you for those great albums from those days

Just a few that were played full blast in my teens and early 20s bring back great memories



The Beatles "Abbey Road"

Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall"

Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon"

The Who "Tommy"

Bob Dillon " The Freewheeling Bob Dylan"

Creedence Clearwater Revival "Bayou Country"

Jimi Hendrix "Electric Ladyland"

Simon and Garfunkel " Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme"

The Beatles "Abbey Road"


The list could go on forever and I am sure I Have forgotten many great great albums without even touching on 45's what great great times for music 


Many I have replaced with CD's but I think I miss something when I think of my old LP's

Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment